How It Works
Tempo Remote is a dynamic system that creates custom training plans for each rider. We prepare cyclists of every level for specific road, mountain, and cyclocross events. We understand that even the most passionate cyclist struggles to balance training, social, work, and family responsibilities. You just want to be the best athlete you can be, get out and train, and improve.
Our goal is to make training simple, so you can make the most of your time.
We base your plan on your goals, cycling experience, current fitness, and then fit it to your real-life schedule. As you get more fit, we adjust the plan so you continue to increase your power, endurance, and speed. Tempo Remote uses advanced training science to formulate each plan so that you avoid plateaus, have adequate recovery time, and arrive at your event confident, in peak condition.
Training Progress Dashboard
- Shows where you are in relationship to your goal.
- Predicts your performance when you follow the plan.
- Charts your performance after each training ride.
Interactive Training Plan
- See the details for upcoming workouts or completed rides.
- Mark days off or convert rides into indoor trainer workouts.
Ride Analysis Engine
- Displays your ride route and statistics.
- Charts your performance over time and distance.
- Helps you understand the relationship between heart rate, cadence, speed, power, and elevation.
- Shows your performance to workout objectives.
Advanced Training Science
- Tempo Remote produces a custom plan that has a periodized training load (TL) designed just for you.
- TL helps quantify your effort beyond basic miles and saddle time stats that only tell part of the story.
- Plans let you specify how much base fitness you want to build before Tempo Remote introduces workouts that are specific to your cycling event.
- All plans prioritize rest and recovery to help you recognize performance gains, while avoiding overtraining and injury.
- As appropriate, plans include high intensity interval training and / or polarized training to help you maximize your performance.
- Tempo Remote uses FTP (functional threshold power) or Estimated FTP to determine your fitness and progress. Click here to learn more about Power.
- Shows you each workout with training interval.
- Includes easy-to-follow objectives.
- We consider your weight, current fitness, and cycling experience.
- Add and prioritize your goals.
- Track consolidated training statistics for each goal.
- See how you performed at the actual event.
Equipment To Get You Started
We like to keep it simple! We assume you’ve got a bike that’s appropriate for you and your event. You’re also kitted up with the proper shoes and clothing. Our focus is on the basic technologies that will help you train for cycling and best use Tempo Remote. We've listed the main technologies below.
Speed & Cadence Sensor
Heart Rate Monitor
We've separated the types of equipment you'll need into experience levels as not all riders will need all of the equipment listed above. Choose the level that's right for you and get out there and ride!
Just starting out.
Been riding for a few years.
In the saddle for 7+ years.